Since our founding as John Adams Associates in 1973, we have guided and supported our clients through more than eight presidential administrations and 30 sessions of Congress – one of the longest and most successful records of achievement of any consulting firm in Washington. In that time, we have collected an impressive array of achievements.
Achievements & Awards
Health and Safety
- We significantly reduced fireworks injuries to children throughout the country by creating and managing the nation's first national fireworks safety campaign. The campaign received the nation's top public relations awards, including the Silver Anvil and Toth awards from the Public Relations Society of America.
- We developed congressional and national media support for the funding of asbestos victims and victims of street crime; congressional recognition for the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation and the College of Nurse Midwives; and public recognition and understanding for those suffering from dyslexia.
- We handled community and media outreach programs for more than thirty hospitals and numerous specialized institutions.
Energy and Environment
- For more than three decades, we have been a leader in developing national media and congressional support for critical energy and environmental issues involving both stationary and mobile sources. The Public Relations Society of America awarded our firm another Silver Anvil for "excellence in public education".
- We developed media, congressional and public support for landmark air and water legislation, and organized national and international conferences on energy and environmental policies for such clients as the Council on Environmental Quality, Brookings Institution, the Ford Foundation, MIT, and numerous associations, corporations, and think tanks.
- We have created and managed numerous coalitions, ranging from the Asbestos Compensation Coalition and National Council on Fireworks Safety, to the Environmental Industry Council and Home Recording Rights Coalition.